Friday, July 6, 2018

One Bad Day at a Time


"Dear life, when I asked if my day could get worse, it was a rhetorical question, not a challenge." 

Have you ever been in that situation where you have a horrible day and you cannot comprehend why it happened to you. It can simply be seeing someone you do not want to associate with. It can be an embarrassing mistake you made and you feel humiliated or you just feel unpleasant from the moment you woke up this morning for unknown reasons. Everyone has bad days and it's totally normal. However, there is a clear difference from having bad moments and bad days. To have a single and/or multiple bad moment(s) does not mean that your whole day is going to be bad. We can make the decision to let our bad moments control the rest of the day. We, ourselves, are responsible for having that bad day because we took bad moments throughout the day, and we let our unpleasant mindset push the rest of our day down which ultimately, made it bad. 

Yes, there are days when the bad moments are piling up on you, and you are totally justified to call it, "a bad day." I cannot begin to speak of the times when I feel the world is against me because bad moments keep happening one after another. For us, I would like to say that we need to keep it together and let those days pass. You need to push through the bad times to get to the good. Life always throws unpleasant moments at us, but that does not mean life is unpleasant. Tomorrow is a new day and life might throw the most pleasant moment in your entire life. Those bad moments can be life lessons that will make you stronger for tomorrow. I believe that whether life gives you good experiences or bad, they are both capable of giving you knowledge and wisdom to better yourself. 

Don't let a bad moment, bad day, or a bad experience push you down.   


43 comments:

  1. Great post. When I have a bad day, I am reminded of the Japanese proverb "明日は明日の風が吹く" (ashita wa ashita no kaze ga fuku: tomorrow is another day).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks for sharing that. ^____^. I am glad you enjoyed my post =D

      Delete
  2. This is such a timely reminder that its always temporary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true! It is temporary! It will pass.

      Delete
  3. I try not to get bogged down by negative experiences, it's hard to always put a positive spin on things, but I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life experiences are not meant to be easy! I, myself, have a hard time putting positive spins on a negative experience. What I do is sit down and reflect the negative experience and I remind myself that its only temporary. Furthermore, you can always learn a life lesson from a negative experience.

      Delete
  4. oh yes I had several such days where anything that can go wrong went wrong. And I kept wondering when will this get over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I am having a bad day, I also wonder when it will get over with as well. Stay Strong! You will get through it =)

      Delete
  5. We are Groot and we know how to regrow after such bad days ....
    Bad time is temporary , the bright tomorrow is waiting for us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one, just blame no one, not yourself; to blame will replay the whole event in your mind, frustrating one furthermore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playing the blame game won't make your day any better. Just let it pass, you will get through it !

      Delete
  7. Trying to be more positive everyday because of all the negative stuff you see everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! We can't let the bad stuff push us down. We are stronger than that.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing your candid expression. A lot of times, one bad incident can impact one or many days in a row. And you put it rightly that we should not let it push us down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate your input. =)

      Delete
  9. well done, being positive inspite of how dark our life is is truly necessary. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bad days come and go..... Better we not dwell in it.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on a bad day. It's all in ones perspective. I try to remember that my bad day might be someone elses good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Also remember that someone else's bad day might be your good day. Regardless of which perspective, the bad days are temporary.

      Delete
  12. we all have bad days, it is how you react to them that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The best thing that I actually do when I have a bad day is ignore because ignorance my best friend at all times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one way to look at it Maysz! Another perspective could be to find a learning experience from the bad day. Some bad days are avoidable by experience which means you learn from mistakes that were caused on your end, and for future experiences, you know how to handle it better!

      Delete
  14. It's just a bad day and not a bad life. Choose to appreciate the goodness of life and the positive side. It will you feel better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Today is a bad day but trmw definitely a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Meditation can really help with this. I believe it's about perspective. But it happens to us all as you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I feel like meditation can help many people! Thanks for your input! =)

      Delete
  17. I don't look at any day as bad regardless of what happened. Gotta face everyday with positivity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great perspective when living life! Thanks for the input!

      Delete
  18. Always try to find the silver lining on bad days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everyone has them but point is to find something good out of those bad days

    ReplyDelete
  20. precisely.Staying positive is a lot of help.thanks for this one

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bad days are the part of life and it is up to you how you overcome this. Interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & I agree. Thanks for your input!

      Delete
  22. When I have a bad day, I am reminded of the Slovakian way to handle it "Mám v piči"

    ReplyDelete