Monday, July 16, 2018

5 Types of Friends You Should Avoid




I am going to discuss the 5 types of friends I have met which are best to avoid. They are unhealthy to your social life and usually cause unnecessary issues. This will be a continuous series so you will see more of these!  Tell me if you like this type of content! Also, I now take requests for topics that you want me to write about -- my contact information is on the contact page. 


1. The Deserter  


You know that time where you plan a meet up with your friend and on the day of, they decide to not show up without giving any notification. They either make a poor excuse or they decide to leave your chat on seen when messaged and flat our ignore the situation. It's even more hilarious when this friend is the person who made the plans from the start and then they decided to not show up. This type of friend does not value your company and friendship. Furthermore, they make you feel like total shit when you are standing at the meet up spot and you realize they have ditched you. 

After being in this situation several times and you have decided to continue being their friends, I can understand that an individual would want to get back at them. The best revenge in this situation would be to make a back up plan when you are making plans with the deserter. By making a back up plan, when they ditch you, you continue to your plan B. By doing this, from past experiences, I have seen that it does have an impact on the deserter because they feel jealous and/or annoyed that you easily moved on to something else. It pretty much shows that you do not give a fuck about what they did (even if you did) and you have better things to do. 

2. The Juvenile 


This friend is fun to hang out with in social environments because their childish and free-spirited until you realize that it's gone to far. They handle every situation, including conflicts in the most immature way possible, to the point that it's getting on your nerves or causing more problems. They do not know how to take responsibility or be accountable for their actions. You confront them about their immaturity in a respectful manner and they don't take that well so, they respond to it by talking behind your back with other friends, posting it on social media, or lashing out. Furthermore, due to their immaturity, they have lack of control when it comes to emotions. These types of friends are good for the amusement but they are not long-term friendships that would be sustainable. My tip for friendships is that you should be looking for friends for a long-term association. Short-term friends are a waste of time. If you can't see yourself associating with this person 10 years from now, maybe you should reconsider if you want to put your efforts in the friendship. 


3.  The Rival 


This friend could be a good person at first but eventually starts competing with you for everything and it starts to become very annoying. School, work, social environment, anything that you can calculate who is better is exactly where the rival strikes. They have nothing positive to offer you as a friend. Except being happy for your success and achievements, they spend their time comparing it with themselves. Most of the time, especially with my experience, you can start to notice their competitive nature and it starts to get to you. Friends are happy for you when you achieve or succeed at something, not think badly of you or themselves because they haven't achieved it. 

4. The Live Actor/Actress   


This is the friend who takes movies and television shows to the next level. They crave the drama and conflicts they see on the big screen to their everyday lives. They create drama regularly or get involved in other people's drama to add excitement into their own lives. From my personal experience, this person will admit that their lives are boring without some type of drama or conflict in their lifestyle. You will see this friend trying to pour oil in to the fire by making situations worse that don't involve them. Furthermore, they will blame the conflicts they have caused to other people because they are unable to take responsibility for themselves. This type of friend should be exterminated from everyone's friends list. Due to the live actor's/actresses behaviour, you can lose friends due to the misunderstandings and they do not contribute anything positive into your lifestyle. 


5.  The Fabricator 


This is the friend who lies or manufactures details that does not exist. They add extra invalid information to make their life seem more appealing and/or prominent. It's those small little details within the story that they lie about. For example, they say that there going to a university to study a particular program. But in actuality, they are going to the college located within the university, but the fabricator decided to use that information to their advantage and state the universities name when questioned by others. Another example would be when you are hanging out with someone and to make your meet up seem more fascinating, the fabricator would add in events that did not happen. This type of friend is not honest and is insecure about themselves. When approached, they would call it, "little white lies" but in actuality, it's just flat-out lying. If you don't want to present the listener with accurate information, don't give any information at all. Honesty is the best policy. 









33 comments:

  1. This is a very insightful and informative post! I've definitely encountered a few friends that fall into these categories, and they are most definitely unhealthy to be around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Lesley! Always keep positive people around you, they never disappoint.

      Delete
  2. I’d love to share this with my junior high students this fall. I think it’s important for them to learn how a true friend really acts and to see the qualities of people they should avoid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be amazing! I hope your students like the read =)

      Delete
  3. Oh man, I have had a few friends like this over the years, "the rivals" are the hardest ones to move past. They cling to every move you make and can never seem to let go of the friendship. The y disappear when they are down and always pop back up when they are on the up, then its a constant comparison, which is tiring at best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. The rivals are the most exhausting types of friends we can have. I had a few throughout my life and I luckily did not become close to those type of people!

      Delete
  4. It's an interesting post! I can really see how I have a few friends that fall into these categories. I am guilty with #4 though, I live for drama back when I was a teenager lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's understandable. I am sure I might be in someone else list of friends to avoid. I am not perfect and I have made bad choices / decisions in my life as well. But, as you said, "I live for drama back when I was a teenager" -- sounds like its in the past. The fact that you grown out of it makes you a winner in this situation. =).

      Delete
  5. I like the way you have categorized the friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems as I am aging that I am seeing this more and more. It's honestly made me feel sad at first, but I am glad that there are still people out there who don't fit in any of these categories and are a decent human.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! There are so many people I have met that do not fit these categories and those are the friends I want to associate with. I agree with the first part of your comment as well ... I have been seeing more and more of these type of friends to avoid as I grow.

      Delete
  7. Great post. Another friend to avoid include the person who brings negative energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I will have a part 2 to this post in the future because I have much more I wanted to discuss. I, myself, do not like very long posts so I will cut them up into separate posts. Thank you very much for your input!

      Delete
  8. Nice post. I think most people can encounter all of these. but it depends on you how to communicate with them because we all know nobody's perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have learn't the hard way on how to get rid of toxic persons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. You’ve made some good points. I think it is wisdom to know what kind of people you surround yourself with as well as who not to. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have done well by enlighten us ,thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this post, some friends are better left in their stock.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good types! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your list is so insightful. The deserter may very well be the worst type of friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've had my share of these kind of friends, good thing I no longer associate with them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to share this with my best friends. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm.. That is an interesting expression. But am not sure, if I would like to call them friends... how about types of people to avoid as friends!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so true... Thanks for reminding me what kind of people NOT to spend my time around haha.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing information on friends.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm pretty sure I've had these kinds of friends in the past

    ReplyDelete
  21. O i definitely met some of these..... Bad thing is you only get to know them once they are already in your life..... Getting rid of them is a bit hard though....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! I try to avoid the people you listed above before I make friends. I am really picky on what I call a "friend" because I don't want to get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a great post. There are so many of my friends who fall into the categories you mentioned. I get annoyed mostly by the deserters

    ReplyDelete
  24. So many of these we learnt to stay away the hard way

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very helpful for avoiding unecessary drama and angst.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I could totally relate to this! :)

    ReplyDelete