Thursday, May 31, 2018

"Change is inevitable"






Inserting red flag here: This post is from my perspective. All opinion(s) that are written below are my own. 

Change is a constant in everyone's life. We all go through change whether we want to or not. Change is a common factor between me and the viewer reading my blog post. We might not have the same changes, however, a change happens in our life one way or another, in a positive or negative aspect. I can wake up one day and decide that I want to move to a new city or I can just want to eat something different today. Regardless of how small the change is, they are changes we make willingly and others that are forced on us. You must be thinking, "How can you be forced to make a change in your life? You have control of what you want to change." To that, I agree and I also disagree. There comes times in your life when nature takes it course and you have no control over the situation or the situation is too foregone to stop the change from happening. I will give some life examples of where I did not have the option for change to occur. 

Broken Friendships: 

There comes a time in many peoples lives where you experience a friendship breaking due to mistake you made, mistakes they made, or the friendship is not really there anymore and both parties of the friendship realize that. Of course, there are many reasons to why a friendship can break, but, the three stated above are the reasons my friendships broke. I am not going into details about broken friendships due to the topic being about change, however, this is a situation where we have little to no control over the situation and the changes that revolve around it. When someone is exiting your life, you no longer have association with them. You do not see them regularly at school, talk to them on the phone, go out with them or even see them as much as you used too. If they were important to you, you would miss them for a period of time, which is also a change because you went from seeing them to missing them and its perfectly normal. The best way to deal with change is to accept the change and in my case, I accepted the fact that my friend will no longer be there and I will find other friends to associate with. This doesn't happen automatically and does take a great deal of time depending on what your relationship was with this friend but, it doesn't mean its not possible. One aspect with change is that its adaptable, if you are willing to adapt to it. When my friendship broke, I denied the change which made me have feelings of annoyance and displeasure because I was upset that I would never see them again, however, through time I realized that I will use their friendship as a learning experience and move forward. I will learn from the mistakes I made, mistakes they made, and mistakes that could have happened if the friendship continued and keeps them in my arsenal. My friendship with them will help me become a better person so when I associate with people in the future, the same mistake does not occur, thus adapting to the change that has occurred in my life. 

Mismatched Career Path: 

You must be reading this and wondering what a mismatched career path is? Well its when you decide to go down a career path and realize it's not for you. You had hopes and expectations on what this career path would be like and you ended up disappointment or in loss of words because this is something you do not want to do for the rest of your life. You might argue that you can avoid mismatching career paths by researching properly and understanding what it is and I will give you credit for that. However, there is a huge difference in reading a job description on career cruising and experiencing the career firsthand. This happens to many people, and they assume after reading a career job description that this is what they want to do and when they get there, they realize its nothing that they had hoped. There are a few aspects of change that can occur in this whole ordeal. First, as a person grows older, they have room to change their personality, likes, dislikes, interests, etc. So as you are going through school for such a long span of time and you start changing as a person, which is absolutely normal might I add, then its normal to dislike what you thought would be the best career path for you. This change to your personality happens a lot without you noticing that it is happening to you, in actually you have no control over it and you end up disliking what you thought you liked. Now don't get me wrong, people probably do notice, however, I didn't and I feel like I don't like the career path I chose to obtain. Second, which is going to be my last experience because I realized that this blog post is getting really long, is when the career you have chosen to go into has started to change in responsibilities or knowledge required while you are in school. It's normal for jobs and careers to change or increase the responsibilities in the workplace, in the slightest. For example, a computer programmer needs to stay updated with the current technologies and computer languages or you will have conflicts with basically doing your job. So, if I were to be learning a language in post-secondary and by the time I graduated, they decided to change it significantly, I would need to adapt to this change and learn the most recent practices for coding. You can see where you have no control over the situation because whether you like it or not, the coding practices have changed and is required to be learned to stay updated with the industry. 

So, what exactly should you take from these long ass paragraph? Change is going to happen whether you like it or not, so make the best of it or change it again to give you positive results in your life. Some changes are uncontrollable, and you have to adapt with in order to move forward in life or determine if the chosen career path is right for you. Regardless, change is inevitable. 



5 comments:

  1. Great post! I am currently in the process of a career change and also a self-change.I hope it will turn out for the good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is amazing! I hope you the best for your career change / self - change.

      Delete
  2. I just got done with a career change and self-change!!! It is tough but rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great description of life changes that we all go through. I've changed careers a couple of times and have had friendships come and go, and have found that each experience has made me a better person, or has trained me in some way that will be useful to someone else in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Change is inevitable but also is very powerful. Kepps life interesting.

    ReplyDelete